Now Accepting 2014 Excellence in Aquatics Award (SMED) Submissions!
Determination. Innovation. Excellence.
As you may know, we held the inaugural Excellence in Aquatics Award (SMED) in 2013. At the 2013 National Athletic Trainers Association meeting in Las Vegas, we announced Eric Sugarman and the Minnesota Vikings Athletic Training Staff as the first official winners for the Rehabilitation of Adrian Peterson. We are excited to officially open up submissions for 2014 to anyone who has an exceptional case study using a HydroWorx pool for sports medicine!
The 2014 Excellence in Aquatics Award will recognize professionals who, despite all odds, garnered superior rehabilitation results through innovative, and sometimes unconventional, methods. Eligible pioneers rely on aquatics as a medium to help achieve exceptional results.
Visit our submissions page for all of the details about submitting case studies and to download the submission form!
Your Case Study Could Be Chosen As a Nominee If:
- The rehabilitation utilized HydroWorx aquatic therapy to help improve the rehabilitation outcomes.
- The case study displayed innovativeness and progressiveness of rehab protocols with particular attention to the aquatics portion.
- The athlete displayed notable post-recovery improvements or achievements.
- An exceptional level of care and results during the overall rehabilitation were achieved.
The 2014 Excellence in Aquatics Award Recipient Will Receive:
- A trophy commemorating their accomplishments for Aquatic Excellence and a $1,000 cash prize.
- The second place recipient will receive a $500 cash prize.