The 500 gives you
All the powerful essentials
Designed to provide athletic trainers, coaches, and physical therapists with all the necessary tools to provide outstanding aquatic therapy outcomes, the 7’6″ wide by 14′ long 500 Series therapy pool includes all the features of our water therapy pools in a budget-friendly package.
Features & Benefits
Variable Speed Underwater Treadmill:
- The integrated water treadmill surface has a cushioned low-impact design with excellent traction
- Treadmill speeds increase smoothly from 0 to 7.5 mph in safe .2 mph increments
- Useful for gait training and sport specific activities
Resistance Jet with Therapeutic Massage Hose:
- A resistance jet is essential for water therapy, rehabilitation, sports performance training, swimming or deep tissue massage
- The jet has a wide range of water speeds and directional configurations
Touch Screen Interface and Remote:
- Better control and functionality with easy-to-use touch screen interface and remote capabilities on a tablet
- Easily monitor progress and set goals from anywhere in the pool room with large TV screen readout showing speed, water depth, time and distance
- Maintain the same control from anywhere in the room or pool via tablet
Underwater Cameras & Monitoring System:
- The 500 Series resistance pool’s cameras and viewing monitor enhance your diagnostic capacity
- One side view and one front view with a flat screen monitor for viewing
Variable Water Depth Reservoir Tank (Optional upgrade with technology package upgrade)
- Offers the ability to quickly add or remove up to 8″ of water to attain a range of pool depths with the push of a button
Multiple Water Depth:
- Treat multiple patients at different stages of weight bearing status
Start-Up and In-Service Training:
- Comprehensive product training
- HydroWorx products are made with superior strength and durability
- First-year parts and labor warranty
- Five-year structural warranty
- Extended warranty and service plans are available
Technology Upgrades Available
For full technical specifications and information, click the button below to download.Design and Install Guide
Expand to view frequently asked questions about the product
What are the unique performance features of the HydroWorx 500 Series Pool?
Integrated Variable Speed Underwater Treadmill
The entire floor doubles as a variable speed treadmill that smoothly increases from 0 to 7.5 mph in safe .2 mph increments. The treadmill surface has a cushioned low-impact design with excellent traction.
Multiple Water Depths and Work Stations
Varying water depths and work stations allow clinicians to treat multiple patients at different stages of weight bearing status.
Resistance Jet with Massage Hose
A resistance jet is essential for competitive sports performance training, therapy protocols, swimming or deep tissue massage. The jet has nearly 200 different water speeds to choose from.
The HydroWorx 500 can be installed in-ground, partially in-ground, or above ground.
Removable Stainless Steel Support Bars
Lightweight multi-functional and positional bars ensure patient comfort and security. Six different configurations are available.
Large Treatment Area
14’x 7’6″x 5’4″ deep water treatment area easily accommodates up to five patients during workouts or therapy sessions.
Variable Water Temperature
A fully automated, state-of-the-art-heating unit provides variable water temperature for treatment of a wide spectrum of rehabilitation conditions. Electric or gas heaters are available.
Commercial Filtration System
State-of-the-art filtration and water chemistry system filters and purifies the HydroWorx pool automatically.
This optional feature includes a fully integrated computer system with custom designed documentation software. The software monitors the pool functions, treadmill speed and jet speed and then uses this information to display and store information in a patient database for future reference and progress reports. Package also includes handheld wireless remote that controls all pool functions.
What are a few of the advantages that the HydroWorx 500 technology provides?
- The completely integrated underwater treadmill (speeds from 0 to 7.5 mph) allows for correct simulation of land-based biomechanics. Sports specific exercises such as sprinting, marching, back-pedaling, shuffling, lateral braiding steps and plyometric activities are especially effective when performed on an underwater treadmill.
- The video system allows the athletic trainer or physical therapist to diagnose gait patterns, record treatment sessions and document progress. The athlete or patient benefits from being able to see himself or herself on the flat screen monitor and execute the desired protocol faster, thus speeding up the healing process.
- The water-resistant hand-held remote controls all functions of the 500 Series with the Technology Package Upgrade. This gives the athletic trainer or physical therapist complete freedom of movement while administering treatment or conditioning sessions.
- Computer documentation (also available with the Technology Package upgrade): HydroWorx owns the proprietary rights to the software that was written exclusively for the HydroWorx 500 Series. The software monitors the pool functions, treadmill speed, and jet power and then uses this information to display current session information, and stores the information in a patient database for future reference, and progress reports.
Who are a few of your 500 Series customers?
- Jefferson Hospital Sports Medicine
- Hendricks Community Hospital
- Conforti Physical Therapy
- Clemson Sports Medicine
- Cozad Community Hospital
- Fairchild Medical Center
- Hugh Chatham Hospital
- Valley Vista Care Center
- Coastal Bend Spine & Sport
- Advance PT/ Fredericksburg Orthopedic
- Advanced Pain and Rehabilitation Center
- Club Fitness
- Parmly Senior Housing
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- Manchester United
- Goliad High School
- Oklahoma State University
- Ball State
- New York Rangers
- San Diego Padres
- Jenks High School
- University of North Dakota
- Detroit Lions
- Bowling Green State University
- New York Knicks
- University of Memphis
- New York Liberty
- University of New Mexico
What is an example of how the college & pro sports teams utilize the HydroWorx 500 Series Pool?
Multiple-athlete, cardiovascular interval training is accomplished with directional resistance and the underwater treadmill. Athletes are placed in alignment with two resistance jets so that the resistance streams hit the mid-point of the athlete’s chest.
Sample Session: Begin the interval with the treadmill speed at 6 mph but without jet resistance. After a warm-up of 5 minutes, increase the treadmill speed to 7.5 mph and activate the jets at a resistance level of the trainers choosing. This will provide a resistance that simulates an intense up-hill run and elevate the athlete’s heart rate. Stop the jet for approximately 20-30 seconds and begin again.