What are the unique performance features of the HydroWorx 750 Series Pool?
Integrated Variable Speed Treadmill
The entire floor doubles as a variable speed treadmill that smoothly increases from 0 to 7.5 mph in safe .2 mph increments. The treadmill surface has a cushioned low-impact design with excellent traction.
Multiple Water Depths and Work Stations
Varying water depths and work stations allow clinicians to treat multiple patients at different stages of weight bearing status.
Resistance Jet with Massage Hose
A resistance jet is essential for competitive sports performance training, therapy protocols, swimming or deep tissue massage. The jet has nearly 200 different water speeds to choose from.
7′ Deep Water Access Area
Designed to give athletes and patients extra depths for unloading, this 7′ deep well area is a great way to accommodate deep water running or taller athletes and patients.
The HydroWorx 750 can be installed in-ground or partially in-ground.
Removable Stainless Steel Support Bars
Lightweight multi-functional and positional bars ensure patient comfort and security. Six different configurations are available.
Large Treatment Area
13’x 8’2″ water treatment area easily accommodates four to five patients during workouts or therapy sessions.
This optional feature includes a fully integrated computer system with custom designed documentation software. The software monitors the pool functions, treadmill speed and jet speed and then uses this information to display and store information in a patient database for future reference and progress reports. Package also includes handheld wireless remote that controls all pool functions.
Variable Water Temperature (with Technology Package upgrade)
A fully automated, state-of-the-art-heating unit provides variable water temperature for treatment of a wide spectrum of rehabilitation conditions. Electric or gas heaters are available.
Commercial Filtration System
State-of-the-art filtration and water chemistry system filters and purifies the HydroWorx pool automatically.
What are a few of the advantages that the HydroWorx 750 technology provides?
- The completely integrated underwater treadmill (speeds from 0 to 7.5 mph) allows for correct simulation of land-based biomechanics. Sports specific exercises such as sprinting, marching, back-pedaling, shuffling, lateral braiding steps and plyometric activities are especially effective when performed on an underwater treadmill.
- The video system allows the athletic trainer or physical therapist to diagnose gait patterns, record treatment sessions and document progress. The athlete or patient benefits from being able to see himself or herself on the TV monitor and execute the desired protocol faster, thus speeding up the healing process.
- The water-resistant hand-held remote controls all functions of the 750 Series with the Technology Package Upgrade. This gives the athletic trainer or physical therapist complete freedom of movement while administering treatment or conditioning sessions.
- Computer documentation: HydroWorx owns the proprietary rights to the software that was written exclusively for the HydroWorx 750 Series. The software monitors the pool functions, treadmill speed, and jet power and then uses this information to display current session information, and stores the information in a patient database for future reference, and progress reports.
Who are a few of your 750 Series customers?
- Mid Tennessee Bone & Joint
- Novacare Rehabilitation
- Drayer Physical Therapy
- Centers for Rehab Services
- Mercy Medical Center
- Caribou Memorial Hospital
- Centra State Medical Center
- Tim Bondy PT
- Bon-Securs-DePaul Medical Center
- Alyce Hyde Medical Center
- Remington Medical Resort
- Stonewood Health & Fitness
- University of Mississippi
- Penn State University
- Washington Nationals
- Appalachian State University
- Valdosta State University
- Bradley University
- Frolunda Hockey
- Akron University
- Gettysburg College
What is an example of how the college and pro sports teams utilize the HydroWorx 750 Series Pool?
Multiple-athlete, cardiovascular interval training is accomplished with directional resistance and the underwater treadmill. Athletes are placed in alignment with two resistance jets so that the resistance streams hit the mid-point of the athlete’s chest.
Sample Session: Begin the interval with the treadmill speed at 6 mph but without jet resistance. After a warm-up of 5 minutes, increase the treadmill speed to 7.5 mph and activate the jets at a resistance level of the trainers choosing. This will provide a resistance that simulates an intense up-hill run and elevate the athlete’s heart rate. Stop the jet for approximately 20-30 seconds and begin again.