Marketing Your HydroWorx Pool to Referral Sources
Creativity in capturing market share is necessary for every entrepreneur, including physical therapy clinic owners. HydroWorx customers have chosen the path of differentiation and distinction to propel their practices ahead of the rest. They’ve invested in state-of-the-art technology which will, in turn, help their clients heal.
Receiving referrals from a network of providers is one of the preeminent ways to build an aquatics program.
So how do you capture the interest of referral sources and remain top-of-mind so they regularly send patients your way?
“In the beginning,” says Veronica Paquette, physical therapist and owner of Essex Aquatic & Rehab Center in Essex Junction, VT, “it requires time to educate people – including physicians– about the opportunities afforded by aquatic therapy. Once they understand that a therapy pool can promote a whole new era of healthcare, new revenue streams can begin.”
Paquette advocates regular visits to physicians’ offices to develop those ever-important relationships.
Rachel McDermott, PTA and former wellness director at Stonehill Care Center in Dubuque, Iowa, found success in hosting a new event when they invested in aquatic therapy.
“When we first opened, we held a ‘Relay Marathon’ in the underwater treadmill,” said McDermott. “We picked a couple of our long-term residents and entered them in the marathon, then extended it out into the general population. Elite runners in town, board members, family members of residents, they just kind of filtered in and joined the fun. TV stations came out and showed what we were doing and how everyone could use our new HydroWorx pool. This helped get the attention of referral sources.”
Below are a few important talking points for private practice PT owners and others as they visit physicians’ offices :
- With a HydroWorx pool, you bring them the most advanced aquatic therapy in the area. Your pool harnesses the power of water for everyone from physical therapy patients to professional athletes.
- The therapy pool can provide truly amazing results for patients who are suffering from a wide range of diseases, injuries, and conditions including:
- Orthopedic and post-surgical rehab
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Chronic pain
- Cerebral palsy
- Aquatic therapy helps patients and athletes start rehabilitation much sooner because water provides a non-weight-bearing environment that is safe.
- All HydroWorx products have many distinct features that set them apart from standard therapy pools, including:
- Variable water depth
- Underwater treadmill
- Resistance jets
- Optional camera and monitoring system
- The pool opens a world of possibilities to patients who are unable to do traditional, land-based therapy. The buoyancy of the water supports the body. It provides low or no impact resistance that helps patients improve mobility, strength and function more rapidly than with traditional therapy alone.
- Documented research studies show that hydrotherapy promotes faster recovery from surgery or injury, is an effective treatment for osteoarthritis, enhances strength and lean mass gains when combined with resistance training, improves flexibility and relaxes muscle and joint pain in middle-aged and older adults with orthopedic limitations and discomfort and more.
Helping referral sources understand not only the value of aquatic therapy and the underwater treadmill but also its wide potential for healing is essential to a program’s growth. Using these strategies will increase your likelihood of enduring success.