Physical Therapy Clinic Referrals – 5 Benefits and 4 Tips
Creating a solid referral system could exponentially impact the number of people you have the opportunity to help and the success of your physical therapy business.
Physical therapists have a passion for improving the lives of others. We have seen it time and again: the light on a physical therapist’s face when they talk about the amazing things their patients are now able to do after some time spent in physical therapy.
Physical therapy is based on developing and maximizing relationships. While most physical therapy clinics know the value of referrals, this sales and marketing technique often unfortunately takes a backseat to the day-to-day business of helping people, despite the benefits of a referral system.
What are some of the benefits of having a thriving referral system?
- You can develop a steady, dependable stream of income. In fact, if you get your referral system to a reliable level, you can project revenue more precisely which is a great advantage.
- Your reputation and the reputation of your practice will begin to spread. Happy customers don’t always sing the praises of their physical therapists, but the more you encourage them to talk about their positive experiences, the greater the odds that they will. Over time, your name will be on more and more lips, including key referrers such as physicians and satisfied clients.
- You will learn more. Referrals often bring patients and clients with concerns you’ve never seen before. This gives you a prime opportunity to get innovative and expand your knowledge. What physical therapist doesn’t want to develop a following based on his or her expertise? You may even start getting requests to speak at events as a leading practitioner.
- You can become an essential part of your community. Everyone knows the “go-to” physical therapy practice in town. It’s because word has gotten around that it’s the best. This actually provides you with a chance to give back to your neighbors and friends by making your area healthier.
- You will attract excellent employees. Are you a clinic owner? Wouldn’t it be great to have exceptional physical therapists come to you, rather than having to go out and find them? Referrals can build excitement around your practice, which is a beacon for physical therapy professionals and other clinicians who want to hitch their wagon to a star performer.
Want to refresh your clinic’s referral system?
We have developed a four-point tip sheet to give you a leg up on referrals. Learn what has worked for other clinic owners so you can benefit from others’ insights and successes.