Marketing Your Physical Therapy Clinic with Social Media
For physical therapy clinics looking to gain a competitive edge, social media marketing may be a cost effective option. A new book “Marketing for Physical Therapy Clinics” by Chhoda offers the following advise– “social media will no longer be a fad, it will be a revolution”.
Chhoda believes that social media can help therapists market their business, educate consumers about the profession, and uncover and mitigate any public issues or concerns in real time. If you are utilizing aquatic therapy, social media is an excellent way to highlight this unique offering in order to build a community of supporters.
In his new book, Chhoda also offers the following tips for social media marketing:
- A social media presence must be cultivated carefully. It’s more important to have timely, interesting and accurate content than trying to launch a page on every popular site.
- Social media functions as the online equivalent of word of mouth advertising and the goal is to develop a loyal following in the online community.
- Social media is a powerful marketing tool for building reputations, gaining greater visibility and obtaining leads on new patients.
- LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook are all examples of social media that helps therapists keep in touch with clients, while providing helpful information about the benefits of physical therapy.
- The biggest mistake to avoid; social media page shouldn’t be an advertisement. It should be an interesting, fun and informational place where people come to interact through comments, photos and even videos.
- Another advantage of a social media site is that it is an ideal means for physical therapists to discover how patients view the business, staff and level of service they received.
- Issues and concerns can be dealt with in real time for better customer satisfaction. Visitors can use it to conduct discussions, and it can serve as a catalyst for therapists to implement changes in their services, physical therapy billing and patient care.
As you begin planning for 2012, be sure to include social media marketing in your clinic’s marketing plan. It just may prove to be a cost effective way to reach new patients in your community.