Understanding the Financial Return Possibilities of a Therapy Pool
We believe in the amazing power of water and what it can do not only for your patients, but also for your business! We’ve recently added an interactive profit analyzer on our website to provide a high level overview of what the return could be for your clinic.
We have worked with many of our customers to find an accurate representation of the potential for aquatic therapy based on actual results. Many times, though not always, the success of an aquatic therapy program comes from a diverse payor group.
Potential revenue sources for a physical therapy clinic include:
- New patient mix – patient evaluations
- Outpatient physical therapy
- Personal training and sports performance sessions
- Spa treatments – using massage hose
Calculating your potential profit can seem very daunting. After much research and discussion with our customers we have put together a simple formula for calculating your potential ROI. The answers to the following questions can help you get there:
- How many new patient evaluations do you expect from adding aquatic therapy in the first four months?
- How many new patient evaluations do you expect from adding aquatic therapy after the first four months?
- What do you charge (or anticipate charging) for a new patient evaluation?
- How many patients would you expect to have in the pool per day in the first four months? (This is the typical ramp up period for marketing, word of mouth, referrals, etc)
- How many patients would you expect to have in the pool per day after the first four months?
- What do you anticipate reimbursement to be for a 15 minute aquatic therapy session (97113)? Check your state rates based on your payor mix (private insurance, Medicare Part B, etc.).
- What is the cost per square foot of your facility?
Using that information, our profit analyzer will provide a high level view of what you might expect your 5-year total revenue to be. Play around with it! We suggest creating what you think is a conservative estimate and then dream a little and be aggressive on your numbers. Seeing the true potential can help provide a goal for you and your team to really make the most out of your aquatic therapy program.
Once you use our online calculator, we will have a team member contact you to provide a more detailed proforma spreadsheet which will allow you do dive a little deeper into the numbers.
Don’t just take our word for it. Download our case study of a customer in rural Montana who has seen tremendous success from aquatic therapy>>