Reports To: Field Service Manager
The Field Service Technician’s primary role is to troubleshoot and repair heavy equipment with a work history involving gear boxes, belt and chain driven systems, sprocket and pulley systems, direct drive electrical motors, and various pump systems. This position requires wide-ranging product knowledge as well as best practices for field-based scopes of work. The position also requires knowledge of commercial/industrial electrical and plumbing systems. The Field Service Technician will perform advanced testing, treatment and chemical balancing of water, general cleaning, and documentation of all services performed. The position is also responsible for the transportation and delivery of pool chemicals to customers including, but not limited to chlorine, bromine, pH balancers, and acid. Extensive field travel and overnight stays are common and consistent in the Service Technician Role.
- Installs, services, repairs, and dismantles all equipment using hand and power tools.
- Spends 100% of the time attending to customer repairs.
- Inspects equipment to determine need for repairs and to foresee difficulties and any future issues that may arise.
- Diagnoses mechanical failures or faulty operation of equipment by sight, sound, or measurements and tests with instruments to determine amount of wear or damage.
- Installs or assists in the installation of new equipment or retail installation scopes of work.
- Tests and balances pool water to HydroWorx requirements using liquid and photometer testing supplies.
- Vacuums, cleans, and polishes various components of our products at customer facilities.
- Inspects equipment to determine need for repairs and to forsee difficulties and any future issues that may arise.
- Maintains proper levels of inventory including chemicals and supplies and completes monthly inventory counts.
- Maintains records of all activities and prepares reports weekly/monthly reports.
- Reports all component issues or failures via the Continuous Improvement Process.
- Requires extensive field travel, care of company vehicle, and inventory maintenance and accountability.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School or equivalent, plus 2-3 years electrical, mechanical and plumbing experience. Extensive knowledge of pool chemicals and their properties. National Swimming Pool Foundation Certification as a Certified Pool & Spa Operator. Employee must have a Valid Driver’s License and meet the minimum age requirement to rent a vehicle.
- Able to perform electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs
- Must be able to troubleshoot and problem-solve
- Must maintain a professional relationship with all customers
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Meeting all customer stated and unstated needs
- Report daily progress via phone or video conference with Field Service Manager
- Maintaining and reporting all service van inventory
- Able to perform testing and balancing of pool chemicals
- Secure and keep current certifications as a Certified Pool/Spa Operator
- Providing a World Class service to each and every customer following all Service Department Ways and Processes.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and meet the minimum age requirement to rent a vehicle
- Professional Appearance
- Ability to plan and organize work schedule
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
This is primarily a physical job. At any time, the employee may be required to climb ladders, lift boxes and parts up to 80 lbs. Employee could be required to stand for long periods of time, as well as, crawling in small spaces. The employee will also may need to drive for long periods of time traveling to customer sites.
Work Environment: Indoor, warm humid environments
Tools & Equipment: Provided by HydroWorx
Work Hours: Varies Monday-Friday, occasional weekends
Travel: 100% travel (60% onsite, 40% travel)
Training: Training for this position will be conducted per HydroWorx Training Program
EEO Statement: “HydroWorx International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.