Reports To: Controller
HydroWorx is the world leader in aquatic therapy and fitness equipment. Located near Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, HydroWorx develops and manufactures aquatic therapy pools for use in Physical Therapy, Sports Medicine, Senior Living and the Military. We are a medium-sized manufacturing company focused on growth, expansion into new markets, and improving our leadership position in existing markets.
The Staff Accountant will be involved in the accounting cycle of the business. Responsibilities will include the performance of account reconciliations, the posting of required entries, and ensuring compliance with the policies and procedures of the company. Additionally, the Staff Accountant would have responsibilities including providing financial analysis support to various departments within the business through reporting and process design. Additionally, Staff Accountant will participate in developing and implementing best practice policies and procedures and be a leader in continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process
- Ensure accounts are reconciled and analyzed for accuracy and completeness
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure financial information is accurately reflected in the accounting records and questions/issues are addressed and resolved
- Assist with process development throughout the business to ensure accurate information capture, organizational policy compliance, and measurable reporting outputs
- Develop and prepare various financial analysis reports
- Assist with Annual Audit and other Year End and periodic reporting as required
- Responsible for daily cash management process
- Foster a continuous improvement environment by helping to develop, document, and implement accounting department best practices and procedures
- Maintain technical skills on a continuous basis
- Protect the Company’s confidential information
- Perform/participate in other duties/projects as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or applicable field
- 4+ years of progressively responsible related experience
- Leadership experience on a group or project basis a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment or prior cost accounting experience preferred
- Experience with Month End Close procedures
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and in-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP or Microsoft Business Central or similar system preferred
- Advanced skills in MS Office programs
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Team oriented
- Attention to detail
- Deadline oriented
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear in order to exchange information.
This is largely a sedentary role. Occasionally moves to access files, fax & copy machines. On occasions may lift up to 10 lbs.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy and fax machines, filing cabinets.
Tools & Equipment: Computer, telephone, copy & fax machines
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m
Thank you for your interest in HydroWorx. Apply directly here or apply via LinkedIn.
EEO Statement: “HydroWorx International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.