Reports To: Vice President of Operations
The Product Engineer I is responsible for the creation of new/improved designs and drawings directly reporting to the appropriate manager. The engineer will use nationally accepted design criteria and practices during all phases of development. They should always be prepared to aid the Director of Engineering in reporting on or creating reports for projects that are in process and should be fluent in basic office programs. They should be prepared to take direction from the Director of Engineering for assignments and be willing and able to work independently towards project completion dates which will include personal time management skills.
- Accurately complete production drawings as required for daily manufacturing
- Create drawings that adhere to nationally recognized drafting standards as well as HydroWorx best practices for the design and construction of products sold and manufactured by HydroWorx
- Prepare reports for active projects for management
- Possess both basic and advanced engineering skills that include structural design and analysis including FEA
- Work independently in a team environment and complete projects by specified due dates
- Assist with general manufacturing and testing projects as required
Education & Experience:
- B.S. in mechanical engineering or related
- Possess both basic and advanced engineering skills that include structural design and analysis including FEA and has a basic understanding of construction codes and processes
- Excellent understanding of product manufacturing processes
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of computer-aided drafting software
- Project management skills
- Work independently
- Strong collaboration with other departments
- Attention to detail
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to work with customers, both internal and external and turn their requirements into working product
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear in order to exchange information. This is largely a sedentary role. Occasionally moves to access files, fax & copy machines. On occasions may lift up to 20 lbs.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy and fax machines, filing cabinets.
Tools & Equipment:
Computer, telephone, copy & fax machines
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Occasional travel is required
Training for this position will be conducted per HydroWorx Training Program.
Thank you for your interest in HydroWorx. Apply directly here.
EEO Statement: “HydroWorx International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”