Reports To: Installation Manager
The Field Installation Technician I is responsible for completing installation and large retail field scopes of work for all pool products. This position requires wide-ranging product knowledge, as well as best practices for field-based scopes of work. The position also requires knowledge of commercial/industrial electrical & plumbing systems. Extensive field travel and overnight stays are common and consistent for this role.
- Responsible for executing installation field scopes of work for all approved pool products.
- Follows all safety and pre-install requirements in accordance with HydroWorx Construction Safety Manual, OSHA Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and site-specific Safety protocols as mandated by project Owners, Owner’s Representatives, or Owner’s Contractors.
- Installs, repairs, & services HydroWorx pool products and components as required by project specifications.
- Performs refurbishment and replacement for existing pool products.
- Ensures all installed products and components are 100% functional and tested/commissioned to HydroWorx standards and documentation.
- Brings all necessary tools, equipment, and supplies to the project.
- Ensures project is clean and free of any installation debris.
- Day-to-day communication with customers, general contractors, & field superintendents.
- Daily communication, written & verbal, to Installation Manager.
- Reviews all pre-installation documentation with Installation Manager.
- Completes and returns all post installation quality testing documentation and completed photos prior to closing jobsites.
- Performs mechanical and water chemistry training with customer representatives post installation.
- Assists Installation Manager in reporting on or creating reports for projects that are completed, are in process, and are forecasted.
- Manages day to day expenses, labor hours, travel arrangements, and reports those activities directly to the Installation Manager.
- Works as a team member with other HydroWorx Field Technicians.
- Tracks expenses and prepares weekly reports for all expenses and receipts.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma required. Some college preferred
- 3 – 5 years of experience in field based mechanical scopes of work, commercial plumbing & electrical, and history of significant travel.
- Highly organized, accurate, personable, with the ability to reflect empathy to customers, contractors, and personnel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to obtain a U.S. Passport.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong communication skills.
- Work independently.
- Strong collaboration with other technicians and trades.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- The employee is primarily required to climb up to 30 feet on ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl in tight spaces.
- Must be able to balance, work, and maintain use of both hands while in these positions.
- Must be willing and capable of accessing and working in tight areas and crawl spaces with as little as 2’ (H x W) workable clearances.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- The employee must be willing and capable to stand for long periods of time while working.
- Must be willing and capable to work for long periods of time on ladders, scaffolding, ledges, or on pedestals.
- Must be capable of wearing and working in in fall arrest harnesses while attached to fall arrest and retractable lanyards on elevated platforms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates mostly on professional & commercial job sites and construction locations. This role routinely uses standard hand tools and large equipment such as forklifts/lulls, gantry cranes, hand trucks, & platform dollies. Electronic equipment such as computers, tablets, phones, and cameras. Most activities will be on active construction sites and will require following contractor specific safety guidelines including personal PPE. The work environment is fast paced, high energy, and team oriented, requiring a strong ability to produce under pressure, multi-task, prioritize work-related tasks, and work independently with little supervision.
Tools & Equipment:
Hand tools, heavy equipment (forklift/lull, gantry crane), & small/medium battery operated or corded tools
Typically, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Frequent early morning, late evening, and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
- 95% travel
- Mandatory travel nationwide & international as required by the position
- Must have or be able to obtain U.S. Passport
- Training for this position will be conducted per HydroWorx on-site training program-including OSHA compliance trainings.
Thank you for your interest in HydroWorx. Apply directly here.
EEO Statement: “HydroWorx International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”