Reports To: Field Service Manager
The Commercial Pool Maintenance Technician’s primary role is to perform advanced testing, treatment and chemical balancing of water, general cleaning, and documentation of all services performed. The position is also responsible for the transportation and delivery of pool chemicals to customers including, but not limited to chlorine, bromine, pH balancers, and acid. In addition, this position may identify opportunities for equipment upgrades as well as other product sales opportunities.
- Tests and balances pool water to HydroWorx requirements using liquid and photometer testing supplies.
- Vacuums, cleans, and polishes various components of our products at customer facilities.
- Inspects equipment to determine need for repairs and to foresee difficulties and any future issues that may arise.
- Provides detailed and specific documentation to each customer during visit and communicates essential recommendations regarding pool care and future needs.
- Maintains proper levels of inventory including chemicals and supplies and completes monthly inventory counts.
- Maintains records of all activities and prepares reports weekly/monthly reports.
- Requires extensive field travel, care of company vehicle, and inventory maintenance and accountability.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- High School or equivalent, plus 1-3 years of commercial pool services. Extensive knowledge of pool chemicals and their properties.
- National Swimming Pool Foundation Certification as a Certified Pool & Spa Operator.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to perform electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs
- Must be able to troubleshoot and problem-solve
- Must maintain a professional relationship with all customers
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Meeting all customer stated and unstated needs
- Report daily progress via phone or video conference with Field Service Manager
- Maintaining and reporting all service van inventory
- Able to perform testing and balancing of pool chemicals
- Secure and keep current certifications as a Certified Pool/Spa Operator
- Providing a World Class service to each and every customer following all Service Department Ways and Processes.
This is primarily a physical job. At any time, the employee may be required to climb ladders, lift boxes and parts up to 80 lbs. Employee could be required to stand for long periods of time, as well as, crawling in small spaces. The employee may also need to drive for long periods of time traveling to customer sites.
Indoor, warm humid environments. Able to work with chemicals.
Tools & Equipment:
Provided by HydroWorx.
Varies Monday-Friday, occasional weekends
100% travel (40% onsite, 60% travel)
Training for this position will be conducted by HydroWorx including – OSHA Compliance online trainings.
Thank you for your interest in HydroWorx. Apply directly here.
EEO Statement: “HydroWorx International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”
This organization participates with E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.