Reports To: Director of Sales Operations
Department: Project Management
The Field Installation Technician is responsible for completing installation and retail field scopes of work for all products as required by HydroWorx Project Management. This position requires wide-ranging product knowledge as well as best practices for field-based scopes of work. The position also requires knowledge of commercial/industrial electrical & plumbing systems. Extensive field travel and overnight stays are common and consistent for this role.
- Responsible for executing installation field scopes of work for all approved products.
- Installs, repairs, & services all products and components as required by Project Management.
- Performs refurbishment and replacement scopes of work for existing products
- Ensures all installed products and components are 100% functional and tested/commissioned to HydroWorx standards and documentation
- Day-to-day communication with customers, general contractors, & field superintendents.
- Daily communication, written & verbal, to Project Management and/or the HydroWorx Field Installation Lead.
- Reviews all pre-installation documentation with Project Management and Field Installation Lead.
- Completes and returns all installation quality documents prior to closing jobsites.
- Performs mechanical and water chemistry training with customer representatives post installation.
- Assists Field Installation Lead in reporting on, or creating reports for, projects that are completed, are in process, and are forecasted.
- Manages day to day expenses, labor hours, and travel arrangements and reports those activities directly to the Field Installation Lead.
- Works as a team member with other HydroWorx Field Technicians
- Tracks expenses and prepares reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma required. Some college preferred
- 3 – 5 years of experience in field based mechanical scopes of work, commercial plumbing & electrical, and history of significant travel.
- Highly organized, accurate, personable, with the ability to reflect empathy to customers, contractors, and personnel
- Ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills
- Work independently
- Strong collaboration with other technicians and trades
- Acute attention to detail
- Conflict resolution skills
- Reading and understanding blueprints, drawings, & specifications
The employee is primarily required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds and stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: This job operates mostly on professional & commercial job sites and construction locations. This role routinely uses standard hand tools and large equipment such as forklifts/lulls, gantry cranes, hand trucks, & platform dollies. Electronic equipment such as computers, tablets, phones, and cameras. Most activities will be on active construction sites and will require following contractor specific safety guidelines including personal PPE. The work environment is fast paces, high energy, and team oriented, requiring a strong ability to product under pressure, multi-task, prioritize work-related tasks, and work independently with little supervision.
Tools & Equipment: Hand tools, heavy equipment (forklift/lull, gantry crane), & small /medium battery operated or corded tools
Work Hours: Typically, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Frequent early morning, late evening, and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
Travel: 75% travel. Mandatory & nationwide as required by the position. Must have or be able to obtain US Passport.
Training: Training for this position will be conducted per HydroWorx Training Program
EEO Statement: “HydroWorx International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.