HydroWorx Track Club Does it Again
Members of the HydroWorx track club were busy in action this week racing in the annual Millers Mutual Harrisburg Mile.
History of the Harrisburg Mile:
The Harrisburg Mile was founded in July of 1982 by the Harrisburg office of Smith Barney. The leadership baton for the Harrisburg Mile has been passed to Millers Mutual, a long-time supporter of the area’s well-known event. Millers Mutual now serves as the title sponsor for the race that benefits the local YMCA. Over its three decade history, the Millers Mutual Harrisburg Mile has developed into the area’s largest race event. With 13 different mile heats including a Half Pint Half Mile, Elite Mile, Masters Elite, Corporate Challenge and Just for Fun Mile/Walk, the event is a challenge for all ages and abilities.
Karen Mashinski, Vice President, CFO of Millers Mutual, says, “The East Shore YMCA provides so many benefits for so many people, young and old, fortunate and less fortunate, both within the YMCA walls and throughout the community at large. Millers Mutual is not only a neighbor to the YMCA, but a staunch advocate of everything the YMCA represents. Because of this, we are honored to show our support as a long term partner of the Millers Mutual Harrisburg Mile.”
With their help, the event has raised over to $480,000 over the years to benefit youth programs at the YMCA.
The members of the HydroWorx Track Club that participated in Wednesday’s race were Nick Berra, Mary Dell, Kevin Fuller, Mark Fuller and Emily Dubs.
And the results are:
- Mary Dell finished as the first female in her age group and ninth in overall Elite Mile with a time of 5:00.26.
- Emily Dubbs finished third in her age group and 12th in overall Elite Mile with a time of 5:25.14.
- Nick Berra finished first in his age group and fifth in the overall Elite Mile with a time of 4:30.16.
- Mark Fuller third in the overall Elite Mile with a time of 4:28.16.
- Kevin Fuller sixth in overall Elite Mile with a time of 4:36.67
Congratulation on your recent success and we look forward to many more successful races!
One comment on “HydroWorx Track Club Does it Again”
How do you get involved in this track group?