This position is responsible for the creation of new or improved designs and drawings for new and existing products. The engineer will use nationally accepted design criteria and practices during development phases. This individual will work indirectly with senior management in the creation of processes and procedures to increase overall efficiency and throughput of the company products. He/she will be first point of contact for engineering related questions from other departments including mechanical and application-based designs.
- Responsible for performing engineering tasks in design, development, prototype fabrication, product testing support, and value engineering relative to production of new products and modification of existing ones.
- Serves as a leader in the engineering department and oversee the daily activities of the other engineers in the department.
- Leads and completes designs for customer requested projects and ensure that designs meet structural, MEP and architectural requirements by using accepted design calculations and analysis programs.
- Works effectively with outside engineering firms through the design and documentation of projects
- Assists Director of Engineering in reporting on, or creating reports for, projects that are in process.
- Researches and interprets building codes as related to pool installation throughout the country and ensure that all designs meet or exceed requirements.
- Works independently in a team environment and complete projects by specified due dates.
- Serve as a mentor to other less experienced engineers.
- Assist with general manufacturing and lead product testing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS Degree-Mechanical Engineering.
- 7-10 years’ experience in mechanical design, analysis and testing
- Possess both basic and advanced engineering skills that include structural design and analysis including FEA and has a basic understanding of construction codes and processes
- Excellent understanding of product manufacturing processes
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Project Management skills
- Work independently
- Strong collaboration with other departments
- Attention to detail
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to work with customers, both internal and external and turn their requirements into working product
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
As required by the position, generally less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
EEO Statement: “HydroWorx International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.