Reports To: Director of Sales Development
Department: Sales Development
The Sales Development & Showroom Representative (SDSR) plays a key role in generating product sales revenue through sales qualification activities and product demonstrations using the mobile showroom (MSR). The SDSR will focus primarily on identifying sales opportunities in our core market selling channels to drive pipeline growth by qualifying the prospects then performing product demonstrations using the mobile showroom. The SDSR will be responsible for scheduling, driving and maintaining the mobile showroom as well as coordinating their own travel details.
- Outbound activities: Prospect and qualify opportunities in our core market selling channels to drive pipeline growth and sales revenue.
- Inbound activities: Prospect and qualify inbound leads.
- Utilize the mobile showroom for product demonstrations.
- Research target accounts using resources like company website, google, LinkedIn, etc.
- Real-time CRM tracking and updating of leads and customers that you interact with.
- Scheduling of product demos with mobile showroom.
- Plan for, drive to, and promptly set up and tear down for Mobile Showroom Demos as scheduled.
- Conduct weekly demonstrations at designated sites.
- Travels two weeks at a time. Once the training period is complete, will spend every other two-week period working from their home office to prospect and schedule upcoming demos as well as attending meetings at the Middletown, PA office.
- Maintain showroom aesthetics and cleanliness at an exemplary level to ensure a flawless first impression and presentation of MSR and the company.
- Manage and maintain proper budget while traveling.
- Maintain and report daily demo log, MSR driving maintenance logs, demo feedback, referrals generated from demos to MSR Manager.
- Complies with regulations regarding the transportation of equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- outside sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Responsible, reliable and follows a consistent adherence to safe driving practices such as never being distracted by their cell phone while driving, following posted speed limits, driving defensively.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a driving record that meets company requirements.
- Must be able to attain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) / HydroWorx will assist in in this process. This is required to be able to drive the mobile showroom.
- A self-starter with a hunter’s mentality and a desire to be in sales
- MS Office applications.
- Experience with Salesforce.com (Preferred)
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and confidently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on persuasion & influence.
- Strong desire and ability to evolve sales skills and product knowledge.
- Ability to collaborate cross-departmentally with Sales, Marketing, and other business units.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and adaptive to rapidly-changing environments.
The employee is frequently required to drive for extended period of time, sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Ability to operate a truck pulling a 38’ Gooseneck 5th wheel trailer for extended periods.
50% of the employee’s work is performed in the field. Transports company product/equipment to product demonstration sites throughout the United States.
Tools & Equipment:
Mobile Showroom and Truck, cell phone, laptop, mechanical tools.
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and must work 40 hours each week. Evening and weekend work may be required around customer schedules and as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 50% travel throughout the country. Frequent travel is outside the local area, and over weekends and will include air travel.
Training for this position will be conducted per HydroWorx Training Program.
EEO Statement: “HydroWorx International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.