Reports To: President/COO
HydroWorx is the world leader in aquatic therapy and fitness equipment. Located near Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, HydroWorx develops and manufactures aquatic therapy pools for use in Physical Therapy, Sports Medicine, Senior Living and the Military. We are a medium-sized manufacturing company focused on growth, expansion into new markets, and improving our leadership position in existing markets.
The Controller will oversee a team of finance and accounting professionals.
The Controller will be involved in every facet of the accounting cycle and the business. Responsibilities will include the performance and oversight of account reconciliations, the posting of required entries, and ensuring compliance with the policies and procedures of the company. Additionally, the Controller would have responsibilities including providing financial analysis support to various departments within the business through reporting and process design. Controller will be a leader in continuous improvement and process improvement, both for the Finance team and the company.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process
- Ensure accounts are reconciled and analyzed for accuracy and completeness
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure financial information is accurately reflected in the accounting records and questions/issues are addressed and resolved
- Assist with process development throughout the business to ensure accurate information capture, organizational policy compliance, and measurable reporting outputs
- Assist with the development, preparation, or distribution of various financial analysis reports
- Assist with Annual Audit and other Year End and periodic reporting as required
- Responsible for daily cash management process
- Foster a continuous improvement environment by helping to develop, document, and implement accounting department best practices and procedures
- Direct the performance of various members of the finance team, ensuring duties are fulfilled
- Maintain technical skills on a continuous basis
- Protect the Company’s confidential information
- Review customer contracts for accuracy
- Responsible for managing necessary bonds needed for the business
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or applicable field
- 6+ years of progressively responsible related experience
- Leadership experience with direct reports
- Experience with Month End Close Procedures
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and in-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP or Microsoft Business Central or a similar system preferred
- Advanced skills in MS Office programs
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Team oriented
- Attention to detail
- Deadline oriented
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear in order to exchange information.
This is largely a sedentary role. Occasionally moves to access files, fax & copy machines. On occasion may lift up to 10 lbs.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy,fax machines, and filing cabinets.
Tools & Equipment: Computer, telephone, copy & fax machines
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, after training period ends could work 2 days from home.
Thank you for your interest in HydroWorx. Apply directly here or apply via LinkedIn.
EEO Statement: “HydroWorx International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.